Sunday, December 13, 2009

Progress on the 1940's blouse

I finally found a good chunk of time today to work on the 1940's blouse.  I really like the pattern (DuBarry 5327):

I did the front and back gathers (first time doing gathers--very easy) and basted everything together (except for the sleeves).  Check out the back:

It's poofing a little because I am holding it in the front and it's sitting over my pants (it's the kind you tuck into a nice pencil skirt).  And here is the front:

I still have to do the neck facing and collar.....but I am loving how it fits!

Here's a close up photo of the back gathers:

Next up is to do the collar and neck facing and to try out buttonholes!!


No comments

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment--thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...